Sunday, May 10, 2009

These things are new...

So I don't really have time to write anything proper (coupled with the fact I still haven't managed to come to terms with the English language), so here's a list of things I've seen/heard lately:

  • Bloc Party - Intimacy Remixed: Not as good as Silent Alarm Remixed, and some of the tracks made me yawn, but there are some good bits (Trojan Horse - John B Remix is a particular favourite)
  • M83 - Saturdays=Youth: I like it. It's very chilled out and mellow, perfect for the summer
  • The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die: Meh. Nowhere near as good as The Fat of the Land.
  • I also really love this remix of The Streets' Blinded by the Lights by Nero (linksies). It turns an already brilliant track into something much much more.

And here's the films, condensed into one easy to swallow list:

  • The Game Plan: Like an Eddie Murphy movie, you laugh and then you feel guilty after
  • S Darko: Bleurgh. The writers obviously didn't quite understand the first one at all
  • Vantage Point: Average at best
  • The Bank Job: Decent-ish
  • Crank 2 - High Voltage: Mental (in the good way)
  • Fanboys: Enjoyable
  • Push: Bit of an anti-climax towards the end, and riddled with plot holes, but some nice special effects
  • Dead Man on Campus: light-hearted funtimes
  • The Cleaner: Not Samuel. L. Jackson's finest, and not helped by a pretty simple and predictable story
  • Teen Wolf: Hilariously tame

Also, I am looking forward to these films:

I'm sure there will be more posts coming next week, as I'm done with my exams on the 16th. But don't hold your breath, I'll probably be too busy sleeping or sipping on Pimms

~ Lazy

No comments:

Post a Comment