Monday, August 3, 2009

The Voice

World Science Festival 2009: Bobby McFerrin Demonstrates the Power of the Pentatonic Scale from World Science Festival on Vimeo.



If you've never heard of Bobby McFerrin before, now is the time to check him out. I remember hearing his 'Flight of the Bumblebees' years ago and pretty much jizzed myself. He is a wonderfully skilled jazzman, and that's fun and great. Go listen to him on Spotify immediately! He does a pretty good 'Sunshine of your Love' cover which is always good news.

Moving on: I went to Latitude Festival fairly recently (as Lazy pointed out in his last post) with Richard Hayward (there you go, love; there's your mention) and I should really blog about that. Maybe I will! But I might not. Isn't the tension killing you? Oh how thrilling.
Following this escapade, I finally bought a Bat for Lashes album (because she was amazing) so my next recommedation for you today is 'Trophy'. Spotify that wonderful treat and eat it up like pancakes and bacon. Mmmm... I'm hungry.

- Tubs

No comments:

Post a Comment