Thursday, February 19, 2009

Part Of The Weekend Never Dies

I'm finally doing it. 13th March. Custard Factory, Birmingham.

2many DJs!! EFFIN A.

After missing out on NYE with 2manyDJs and Simian Mobile Disco, i've just been waiting for an opportunity to see the belgian duo rock my world. And now it's finally coming, and I just can't wait. If anyone is going to be in Birmingham for this fateful weekend in March, I highly reccomend you come along, and don't be suprised if you spontaneously start crying, it's only natural.

Although David and Stephen Dewaele have been around since the mid-90s, making up half of the rock band Soulwax, it was only recently that I discovered this musical masterpiece. I can't tell you the specific date, and I'm not very good at telling stories, but one fateful day back last year, I happened to stumble across a little film called 'Part of the Weekend Never Dies', and my life hasn't been the same since.

The film, shot over 120 shows using one single camera, follows the band as they toured the entire world, from the USA to New Zealand and everywhere in between. Back in 2005, Soulwax released an album called 'Nite Versions', which is Soulwax remixing their own 2004 album, 'Any Minute Now'. Now, the idea behind the tour is based around 'Radio Soulwax', which is the band, Soulwax, playing the Nite Versions album, live. A rock band, playing electro versions of their own songs. Live. Add to that the DJ set 2manyDJs would perform after the show, along with special guests such as Digitalism, Justice, Tigo, LCD Soundsystem and the Klaxons, and you've got pretty much got the best night of your life. Better than that time you got herpes from that "girl" in Singapore. She told you her name was Tim, you should have figured it out.

So I really can't wait. I managed to see Fatboy Slim at V Festival a couple of years back, and I'm just really hoping that 2manyDJ's can surpass my expectations. OH, and it only costs £10. TEN. WHOLE. PUNDS. quite frankly that's a bargain of epic proportions. So I shall leave you with one of my favourite songs of the moment, it's a Soulwax remix of Ready For The Floor by Hot Chip. CLICKETY and enjoy!

~ Lazy

[EDIT: So last friday has been and gone, and what can I say really, other than "HOYLCRAPTHATWASANIGHTOFCOMPLETELYEPICPROPORTIONS". Totally blew me away with some amazing remixes, which all seemed to mesh together so nicely to form an absolutely stellar night. I didn't get home till 7am. 'Nuff said]

No comments:

Post a Comment