Sunday, February 22, 2009

Youtube

Really youtube has much more effect on EVERYTHING than anyone thought it would; let's be honest. Everyone uses it for all the things they do.

Quite obviously, and not that surprisingly, music is one of the areas that has really taken off under this Time magazine cover feature, but little did we know it would truly launch musical artists. The first one I ever noticed was The Wrong Trousers (if you read my old blog then you'll no doubt remember me gushing over them):



And if you haven't heard of them yet (stop hanging out on the moon. Seriously. There isn't even anything there.) then First Aid Kit will deserve your attention as a more recent entry. This video even led to me going to see them with two of my homies! They had their parents with them which was sweet (beardy and tall) and supported Slow Club and James Yuill (Rod Thomas helped him out so it was the time when I exploded in a fountain of lust and died happy, my eyes burnt out by FIRE). Here they are with their hit video cover of Fleet Foxes:



Newest to my venacular is 'Danielle Ate The Sandwich'. While not being the most exciting musician, she is certainly beautifully talented and is bound to feature on some hipster advert about some stupid phone or car in the near future. I bet you she'll get more interesting in time, unless she gets hella famous and conceited and doesn't think about her music anymore. But that never happens to anyone!!! WATCH AND LISTEN:




By the way, I think all these people seem great to hang out with and I am jealous of them all!
Now I just bide my time 'til the VIP passes and exclusive interviews come rollin' in...

- Tubs (deceased)

No comments:

Post a Comment