Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Movies and mixes

Here's some stuff that is happening...

Bloc Party are going to release another remix album. Hooray! Now, I'm not a big Bloc Party fan to be honest - I leave loving them to Lazy - but I do quite like their remixes from time to time. Intimacy Remixed will feature the music-messing abilities of Armand Van Helden and Mogwai, to name but a couple, and is out May 11th.

In crossover news, Dengler of Interpol is releasing a film. It is called My Friends Told Me About You and is about the nature of celebrity. Who knows if it will be any good! The guy that directed Control is helping out in some way though and that film made me want to die a little bit (hohoho!) because it was so fucking boring. I didn't actually end up watching the whole thing, just like Ian Curtis didn't end up living his whole life! The film won't be released globally as yet, but some people like Interpol, right? Right? And they're still alive, which is more than I can say for the members of Joy Division. (Hint: One of them is dead.) Find more info here.

- Tubs

No comments:

Post a Comment